Saree is a traditional Indian wear known for its charm, beauty, grace, elegance, and timeless appeal. Among women who want to make a statement that is stylish and stands out from the crowd, designer sarees are a popular choice for them.
Saree designers are the latest range in the world of fashion, and it is not hard to see why though. Some of the most talented and creative designers across the country craft these sarees, who put their blood and sweat, or better said as they put their heart and soul into creating unique and differently beautiful designs that are indeed one of a kind. These designer sarees are available in a wide range of fabrics, colors, and styles, making them the choice that is perfect for women of all ages and body types.
Types of Designer Sarees
There are many different styles under which designer sarees come, each with its own unique look and charm. Here are some of the most popular types of designer sarees:
- Embroidered Sarees - These types of sarees feature intricate embroidery work, which is usually done by hand. The embroidery can be in any form of traditional designs or modern motifs, depending on the vision of the designer.
- Printed Sarees - A popular choice among women has printed sarees who want to add a splash of color and pattern to their wardrobes. These prints can be simple or intricate, and they can even range from a pattern of floral to abstract designs.
- Handloom Sarees - Handloom sarees are made on handloom, and they are known for their unique weaving patterns and textures. These types of sarees are a favorite among women by whom the artistry and craftsmanship that goes into making them, is appreciated.
- Silk Designer Sarees - Silk sarees are classic and timeless, and these designer ones take this classic to the next level. These types of sarees feature beautiful silk fabric, often with the work of gold or zari and other embellishments.
- Bridal Sarees - As the name suggests, bridal sarees are designed for the most special day in the life of a woman - her wedding day. These sarees are generally made with heavy work and are heavily embellished and feature intricate embroidery work, zari work, and other types of embellishments.
- Contemporary Sarees - These types of sarees are a modern take on the traditional saree. These sarees feature designs that are innovative, fabrics, and prints that are in fashion, and they are often worn by women who want to appear to make a fashion statement.
The fabric options that are available for designer sarees -
Designer sarees are available in a wide range of fabrics, each with its own unique properties and features. Here are some of the fabrics that are most popular and are used to create designer sarees:
- Cotton - Cotton cloth is a versatile fabric that is comfortable to wear and easy to take care of. Designer cotton sarees come in a range of prints and colors, making the sarees perfect for everyday wear.
- Silk - Silk cloth is a luxurious fabric that is prized for its smooth texture and delightful drape. Designer sarees of silk are a popular choice for women for weddings, parties, and other special functions or occasions.
- Chiffon - Chiffon is a lightweight and sheer fabric perfect for creating an elegant and flowery look in sarees. Designer sarees of chiffon are also a popular choice among ladies for evening wear and formal events as well.
- Net - Net is a sheer-looking fabric that is often used in creating sarees with an ethereal and delicate look. Designer net sarees are too a popular choice for weddings and other formal events.
- Georgette - Georgette is a semi-sheer kind of fabric that has a beautiful drape and flow. Designer georgette sarees are among the favorite ones of women who want a saree that is both comfortable and elegant to wear.
The best part about designer sarees is that the options range from decorative and traditional ones to elegant and extra-modern ones.
India remains the top location for finding fashion sarees as the tastes of artists and designers, for designer sarees has caught up here. Though many new designer sarees can be found here which are original inventions like the lehenga, pre-stitched sarees, half and half sarees, designers also take stimulus from the regional handicrafts and traditional, textiles, embellishments, and embroidery.
The designers seek to re-discover these vintage-looking sarees and often use hidden techniques and utilize them in fresher designs and new patterns. Another type of attraction for these type of sarees is that it is generally very beautifully and artistically designed by the designers, with both Indian and western motifs. There is a wide range in the colors of sarees as well.